14 Tips for RoadsafetyJun 28 2022
Road safety tips that will help you to avoid getting a speeding ticket or becoming a casualty:
- Do not exceed legal speed limits – they are there for a reason.
- Remember that speed limits are a maximum not a target – often it is more appropriate to drive well within them.
- Look for speed limit signs and make a point of knowing what the limits are on your local roads.
- Set realistic journey times.
- Don’t be pressured by tailgaters to speed.
- As a passenger you can ask the driver to slow down.
- Be aware of pedestrians, cyclists, children, animals and motorcyclists.
- Remember, if it is a built up area and if there is street lighting, you can presume its a 30 limit unless signs show otherwise.
- Be responsible and check your speedometer as frequently as you would your mirrors – it could save your licence.
- Choose the right gear to maintain control of your speed.
- Read the highway code to find out more about speed limits.
- Be an ambassador for driving within the legal speed limits – if you comply the chances are that the driver behind you will too.
- If you are driving a commercial vehicle or towing a trailer it is likely that you will be subject to a lower speed limit. Make sure you know what that limit is.
- Contact your local authority Road Safety Team and find out about safety campaigns in your area and how you can help.